| || |
Barry and Penarth Model Railway Club
Member's LayoutsInformation on the following layouts owned by B & P MRC members is provided with permission of the owners.
All photographs, unless otherwises specified, have been taken at exhibitions or members' open days by David Temple.
- Layout B: Lavernock Light Railway
- A portable 7mm:ft narrow guage layout. Created by a former club member, who named each item of motive power after his grandchildren. He sold the layout and stock outside the club, but this has changed hands again and now belongs to a club member. It is available for exhibition.
- Layout E: Spokane Division of the Great Northen Railway
- A semi-portable HO gauge (3.5mm:ft) American layout
- Layout F: Sea Breeze Road
- A portable fun layout now rebuilt in OO9 narrow gauge
- Layout G: Strathcona
- A small portable HO gauge (3.5mm:ft) Canadian shunting layout
Another of Brian Scoulding's creations. This layout is now back in ownership of a club member, who intends to refurbish the layout and convert to DCC operation..
- Layout 5: Weobly Marsh
- A portable OO gauge (4mm:ft) layout This has been bought by Mike B. who has refurbished the layout and operates it with his own stock. It won the 'best of show' award at the 2014 Weston-Super-Mare show.
- Layout M: Abbeywood
- A small GWR branch line terminous layout O gauge (7 mm:ft)
- Layout N: SCHARPS Park
- A OO gauge layout depicting Southern Railway third rail EMUs as part of an imaginary preservation line - the Southern Counties Historical And Railway Preservation Society.
- Layout S: The Bear Bottom Lumber Co.
- A portable American logging layout in On30. This layout is fully DCC controlled.
- Layout 8: Slate Quarry
- A portable OO9 narrow-gauge (4mm:ft) layout formerly a club layout, now owned by a member.
- Layout 7: Rockies Garden Centre
- Another portable OO9 narrow-gauge (4mm:ft) layout acquired by Geoff, who intends to develop it further with potentially a third board for exhibition purposes.
- Layout T:
Bowlers Croft & Honywood Road
- A new Wrenn layout, depicting a typical ‘train set’ model railway layout from the 1970’s. Built and owned by Vanessa and Mike
- Llangan junction
- A modern image O-gauge layout being built privately by a consortium of members. Follow their progress on their web-site using the link above.
A section devoted to the club's layouts is available here.
A section devoted to former club and/or members layouts is available here.